Info Day 2014 - What You Should Know About Studying Design
If you are a graduating student who wishes to:
- Pursue a tertiary education in design but not sure what major, programme or school is suitable for you
- Meet the professional lecturers from different design disciplines and ask them anything about design that you want to know
- Meet current design students and know more about their design learning experience and tips for potential design students like you
Come to Raffles Info Day 2014 and learn what you should know about studying design!
Date & Time: 22 Nov 2014 (Sat) / 10am-4pm
Location: 1/F, Centre Point, 181-185 Gloucester Road, Wanchai
Info Day Special：Design Tour – Meet the Design Practitioners!
Event Nature：Workshop, Demonstration, Interactive Presentation
Visit all departments in 2 hours and meet the lecturers who are all professional designers or established professionals with strong industry backgrounds and a wealth of technical knowledge from around the world! Through the interactive sessions and creative workshops conducted by lecturers, you will be shown the worlds of fashion design, fashion marketing, graphic design and interior design.
From course syllabus, industry connection and experience, internship, students' works to career options - Ask the lecturers anything about design that you want to know!
Fashion Design & Fashion Marketing Programme Director - Stefán Orschel-Read
- Designed for numerous celebrities including Lady Gaga.
- His eponymous label ‘Orschel-Read’ has been shown around the world from London Fashion Week to Germany, Russia and Italy.
Fashion Design Lecturer - Leonie Slattery
- Started her own brand Vintaleo Designs in 2010.
- Lectured at various design institutions in South Africa.
Fashion Marketing Lecturer - Thomas Empson
- Worked for famous brands including Diesel Black Gold, Jas MB, Ruby London, FullCircle, FireTrap, Studio XaG etc.
- Lectured at The University for the Creative Arts in London.
Interior Design Programme Coordinator - Victor Serrano
- Obtained his Master in Interior Architecture from Rhode Island School of Design.
- Worked for various firms including Davis-Fuster Architects and Francesca Russo Architect.
Graphic Design Programme Coordinator - Jana Dambekalne
- Over ten years’ experience creating graphic design, advertising and digital identities for brands including Vodafone, L’Oreal, Schwarzkopf, Dove and ImagineX Group.
Graphic Design Lecturer - Fabian Tuen
- Handled design and advertising projects from multinational companies such as Citi Bank, Diners Club International, and Samsonite.
- With students winning awards from the Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong (HK4As), RADO, and WorldSkills International etc.
Meet the current design students who will share with you their experiences in industry projects, events and internship, the international learning environment at Raffles, and even tips for potential design students like you!
Fashion Design Student (Year 3) – Natjira
- Completed her internship at Twisted Sisters. Had her collection showcased at the Hong Kong Fashion Week 2014.
Fashion Marketing Student (Year 3) – Carmela Fernandez
- In charge of various fashion marketing projects and actively involved in industry events. Developed her brand “Colour Explosion”.
Interior Design Student (Year 2) – Cherie Cheung
- Her work will be exhibited at one of Hong Kong's largest design events DETOUR 2014@PMQ - Raffles Student Exhibition "From Ordinary to Extraordinary".
- Strategies for Choosing a Major
- Interview Tips
- Selection Criteria
- Admissions Exercise & Important Dates
- Admissions Kit Collection Point - for students, parents & teachers
- Consultation on the selection of major
- Programme Details
- Application Process
Design Exhibition & Campus Tour
- Introduction of campus facilities and Design Exhibition
Only 30 RSVPs available for the Design Tour.
Please fill in the form below. You can also register through
(852) 2520 6838 or email@example.com.